Thursday, August 11, 2011

Much too think, think too much.

"Dear Claire, "What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if?"

I think too much. Is it because I have much to think about?

I think its more or less the same as everyone else. Maybe I'm over-analyzing stuff.

Even writing this post proves I analyze too much.

But its who I am really.

I can't imagine doing something day after day, the same old routine, without thinking.

I'd probably die of boredom if my job was the type were you sit at the assembly line as assemble the same stuff day after day.

After day after day after day...

Its like being in the Hereafter .... when you're Herebefore. (if that makes sense)

The only reason, when I think about it, why I stayed with my current job for so long, is because its .... difficult. Its challenging. Generally different everyday.

You have to think on your feet. You have to deal with all sorts of people. You need to know how to manouver (can't believe i forgot how to spell manouver, not sure if this is even the right spelling). You need to know how to negotiate, give and take.

Not be affected by what people say, and focus objectively on task at hand.

But after awhile, all of that seems.. routine.

The mind adapts. It reacts quicker to unexpected changes. It becomes more active, more critical. Soon, it gets used to it.

Which is when fun turns to boredom.

Sure there'll new problems, new situations, but really, same thing, different day.

Sometimes I wish I was that type of person, the person that is complacent with everything.

That simply gets a job, goes 'Alhamdulillah', and stays with that job and retires.

Or meets just one person, immediately goes ' this is my soulmate!' and stays with that someone, and lives....

Happily. Ever. After.

If only life was a fairytale. If only it were that easy.

UBJ V JVFU V'IR ZRG FBZRBAR GUNGF RKPVGVAT, NAQ SHA NAQ PBZCYRK OHG FB SNE V'IR ABG.

CENL SBE ZR.

ROT13.

Peace.

8 comments:

::smaku:: said...

not sure how to spell manoeuvre either, luckily there's auto-correct. haha.

clue pleaseee!

Me said...

surely i wont make it THAT hard, clues are there, just need to be smart!

or smak as kelantanese ppl might say it. lol

Breathing.In.Luxembourg said...

Tried googling UBJ V JVFU V'IR ZRG FBZRBAR GUNGF RKPVGVAT, NAQ SHA NAQ PBZCYRK OHG FB SNE V'IR ABG.
(obvious malas nak usaha) x work haih

Some things in life are meant to be mysteries (alasan org malas)

::smaku:: said...

I should work with FBI.
I was overanalyzing..should have gotten this sooner!

If I say that there's no such thing as a soulmate, would you believe me?

Me said...

Ah I believe someone has got it! See, I wouldn't have made it THAT hard.

And yes, I'm starting to.

Breathing.In.Luxembourg said...

U x have to end up with your soulmate, just make do with what you got, if you are willing lah.

Breathing.In.Luxembourg said...

Smaku, if u go Washington dc, checkout their spy museum, cool!

::smaku:: said...

i wanttt. sounds cool.