Friday, September 30, 2011

Epilogue.

The thing about being observant, is that sometimes you see things below the surface.

Things not meant for you to see.

Things you shouldn't see.

Things you wouldn't want to.

And unfortunately, we can't un-see what has been seen.

I saw something.

It made me sad.

My whole body went weak.

I know.

I knew.

From the beginning of the end, I knew this was going to happen.

After all, I was the one that set things in motion.

I was the one that created the perfect condition for it to succeed.

How do I know this? Its happened before.

Arrogantly I told someone I hoped it would happen, for everyone's benefit.

Well, it did.

Serves me right.

I just... I just...

Didn't expect it to be so soon.

My walls aren't up yet. But now they're crushed to debris.

I've got to be strong. Chin up.

This is what you wished for.

Sigh.

I shall disappear. As I have done before.

Time heals all wounds.

If only it did not leave scars.

Peace.

No comments: