Wednesday, December 25, 2013

That's A Wrap.

I've been dwelling a lot on the past. Apparently it's one of the things mentally strong people don't do.

There were other things in that list that I do. I sometimes do resent other people's success. But it's becoming less and less nowadays.

I do get jealous sometimes, but when I think about it, why should I be? I should be happy for them for being successful, and work on my success. Other people's achievements does not take away my chance of succeeding and if anything, it's an indication of what I should work towards. God knows best.

But I've been dwelling a lot on the past. Thinking what happened in the past, wondering what could've been..

So I guess I'm not as strong as I thought I was. But I'm working on that. Here's to the present and the future.

We're nearing the end of the year. I realized I didn't make any new year's resolutions this year, so I can't say whether I've achieved my targets. But I did do some pretty cool stuff this year, I think.

I went to Universal Studios Singapore early in the year, pretty cool place to go. Things are super expensive there, not everything is halal, and if you do go, getting the express pass is totally worth the extra 50 SGD. Unless you don't mind queuing more than half the time (which was what I did).

Tried wall-climbing and laser tag for the first time this year. Laser tag is very tiring but super fun, wall-climbing needs a whole lot of upper body strength, which I don't really have, plus the fear of heights isn't helping.

Mid year, I was promoted to Engineer. Pretty cool, but it's just a title, I still have loads I don't know.

I joined a 10 km run and a 5 km run this year. Can't believe I was able to finish the 10km, but it took a whole lot of training, and even then I took longer than expected.

Just a few weeks ago, I joined a treasure hunt with some friends, and managed to get 3rd place! Which was cool since I rarely win stuff. Also worth mentioning, I won a RM50 Starbucks Gift Card with my knowledge on movies at a company party. Hoho. Who says watching movies is a waste of time?

And of course, last but not least,..

I went to Korea! Initially it was supposed to be a trip to Cambodia, and truth be told, I barely had enough money to go there. Then, out of nowhere, my cousin called me up and asked whether I wanted an all-expense paid trip to Korea. He won it as an incentive from his company for doing so well, but it's for only one person, so since he's married and just had a baby, he decides to pass it to me.

Er, I'm gonna have to go with.. a hell yeah. Had already bought my tickets to Cambodia though, can't return them and don't have enough days off to go to both places, so that's RM700 down the drain. You win some, you lose some.

Catch with Korea is, I'll be going with a group of people I absolutely do not know, which for an introvert is a very scary situation. Also, I'll be in a 6 hour flight. I'm afraid of heights. Flights are scary for me.

I've been trying / doing things out of my comfort zone the whole year, so this would be the ultimate one, kill two birds with one stone.

Three actually, coz foreign places are well, foreign and that feeling of not knowing anything about something is also kinda scary for me. Apart from having very pretty boys for artists, I know nothing about Korea.

Yeah, I'm afraid of a lot of things. I just hide it well, I suppose.

Long story short, it was a nice trip. I managed to overcome my fear of flights, there was slight turbulence on the flight, but I was way too tired, and I thought if I was on the ground and hit bumps like this, I'd barely notice it, so I ignored it and got over my fear of that. Which is great.

I managed to mix with the people I didn't know, had to share a bed with a guy I barely knew, but ultimately everyone was cool. I was scared for nothing.

It was in Autumn, so the temperature in Korea was quite cold, reaching up to 0 degrees Celcius. I didn't know anything about Korea, but we did go there with a guide, and she was very friendly, so it was easy to ask her anything. Korea is pretty, mostly because of the colourful trees in Autumn.

I suppose I should upload some pics. Here ya go. Pics are all from my phone, no edits coz I'm too lazy. heh.


First stop : Nami Island.

Some praying snowmen (I think) in Nami

More pretty trees in Nami Island.

Traditional house in Nami.

Some guy taking a picture of himself.
Me in front of the hotel I stayed in the first night.

Mt Sorak National Park.

I was told that this was how they make wishes. They stack these stones like this and make a wish. You can see these all over Korea.

Entertainment hall (I think) at Gyeongbokgung Palace.
Le awkward me.

Another tree.


So many Malaysians here, someone opened a Malaysian restaurant.

I sneaked away from tour group shopping (yawns) and went exploring.

I'm not sure what they call these things in English, but it's unique.

Some building in the center of Seoul.

Loads of universities within Seoul itself.

A K-Pop cow I found in Seoul.

One of the more expensive shopping complexes.

Managed to go see their lantern festival on my last night there.



So that was this year. Pretty good year I would say. I guess I shouldn't be dwelling too much on the past, with so many exciting things happening this year, and loads more to come next year.

No philosophical post this time. Hehe.

Cheers.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yayy, loads of achievement! Happy for you. You are doing great! You are right, x think about the past. No point, can't be changed anyway.

Dem. I'm jealous of you :D I am happily in my comfort zone je this year. My 2014 should be more like 2013. Stepping outside the comfort zone!

Cheers @ 2014!

ayol