Saturday, December 18, 2010

Experience

I was standing in a field of grass, that stretched as far as the eye could see. There were no hills, no trees, no buildings, just grass all around.

It was dark. My heart tells me it was not night time, but there was little sunlight to be seen. The sky looked like it was about to rain, but I did not hear any thunder.

The grass swayed from right to left, suggesting that the wind was blowing. I did not feel it on my skin, nor did I hear it blow.

It would have been a beautiful sight, were it not so dark and gloomy. Nevertheless, not often do you get a view such as this all to yourself.

But I was not the only one there. There was someone else.

Or something.

A shadowy creature stood only a few feet away from me. I could not see the face of this hunched figure, partly due to the dark skies, but mostly due to the darkness surrounding it, conveniently disguising its identity.

It was angry.

I felt that it, or rather he was angry.

At me.

He scolded me for something, I could not understand the words he said, but I knew he was scolding me for something I did.

I was afraid. I apologized, but the words that were coming out of my mouth, I could not decipher. I still can not. But I knew what I was saying.

Perhaps there is a language that I did not know I could speak. Or perhaps I have forgotten.

He was not satisified. He moved closer towards me. He did not walk, for he did not have any legs. Only upon recalling the ordeal did I remember that, where there should have been legs, there was smoke.

I did not feel threatened, for some reason. He was standing closer now, facing towards me, speaking in a calmer voice. He warned me of something, of what I did not know.

But his very last sentence was the only one that I could understand. It was in Malay. I do not remember it word per word, but it was something like :

"Lagi-lagi dengan keadaan sekarang ini."

And then it happened.

This was by far the most incredible thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

The creature turned to see it himself.

The clouds above started to swirl and from it, four huge tornados began to form. Simultaneously. It was swirling mid-air, and took a few seconds before all four hit the ground.

I recall the sound of the wind finally reaching my ears, but it is not something I can describe.

Suddenly, total darkness.

A second passed.

I hear the sound of my heart beating. I feel it in my chest. I hear myself inhaling and exhaling air.

I am back.

For some reason, I did not open my eyes. Instead, I stayed that way, in darkness, until after perhaps a few more seconds, I fell asleep again.

But this time, there was no dream.

Peace.

No comments: