Saturday, January 29, 2011

happy thoughts.

my mind is full of depressing thoughts, that i can't help but write about depressing topics. i shall try to write about happier things.

i skipped work today. yeay. i went out for a late night movie, ended up going back home extremely late. so i decided to skip work. luckily someone was there to cover for me. note to self : you may not have a social life after this.

i went to singapore recently. for an interview. by plane. which was paid for by the company doing the interview. it was only for a day, but i got to meet up with a friend, so it was fun.

my probation period was cut short and i was made permanent staff 3 months earlier. great stuff. and i got me a small raise. wiee~

ive turned 22, turning 23. people say i look older though. which is their way of saying "it sucks that I'm a lot older than you".

im grateful that im not burdened by thoughts of marriage, and im free to do whatever the hell i want with my money instead of spending thousands of hard-earned cash collected over the years for some one-day grandiose event.

well, not yet anyways.

im grateful and happy that i do not have a girlfriend that basically sucks my pocket dry in order to satiate her craving for high-end fashion accessories.

its true, ive seen it happen. or see it happening still. forgive my harsh tone on this topic, but i just cant help but hate golddiggers. maybe not 100% true golddiggers, but still taking advantage of boyfriends money and affections.

i am grateful that despite my average salary, i am able to save some money for future use and at the same time give some allowance for my parents and brother AND grandmother. considering the fact that other people with huge paychecks cant even save some cash for themselves.

i am grateful that i am still blessed with good health, peaceful life.

there are lots more stuffs that i'm grateful for, but the last one i wanna say hear before i go to sleep is that i'm grateful that I can be grateful, when others are not able to do so.

things that happened in the past year have made me change my perspective on life. i can't really say what has changed, but its for the better. rather than focusing on what i think i want and what i feel i need, i focus more on the effort, rather than the objectives.

because truthfully speaking, despite being a 100% sure, we never really know whats best for us. could be the thing that we want the most, would be the worst thing that ever happened to us, and vice versa.

one door closes, another opens. things always happen for a reason. there are no coincidences.

so i do my best, and let Him take it from there.

Unlike us, God knows what he's doing. Have faith.

peace.

No comments: