Sunday, June 17, 2007

story of a boy

*i find it necessary to state here that, this time, my blog is very long. very. so, proceed at your own risk! hehe (risk of falling asleep kot.. haha)*



hey ppl. its my 8th blog posting. my fav no i guess. probably coz i was born in 1988. yeah. n im at d moment, 18 going on 19. its d holidays, n im practically doin nothing at all at home. basically wake up, eat, watch tv, n then go back to sleep... argh, pure boredom. time to write a blog...



who wudve thought, my blog cud reach no 8?! n wit ppl actually reading it? haha. dats a plus rite there.. so... wut to talk about dis time? its not like i got nething to say nehow.. oh yeah, if u guys havent noticed, i reverted the font size back to the original size, bcoz it looks nicer wit d small font. the big one jz looks..., ugly. haha. maybe i shud learn to see the beauty in ugly, like jason mraz said. have u guys heard his new single, "beauty in ugly"? its nice. he made it based on the "ugly betty" series. not the spanish/latin (dat part of the world neways..) version, the english version. yeah, theres n english version. i jz found out recently. haha. silly me.



so.. wut to talk bout here. hmm... lets talk about someone. who? hmm. me, of course. haha. not dat i dun wanna talk bout u, i wud luv to, but, i dun really know who u r, i cant really keep track how many ppl read my blog, n i cant write bout all you guys now can i? it occured to me, most ppl dont even know who i am, except for ppl dat ACTUALLY know me. weird huh? not really. my family (sepupu included.. :P), sure, they know who i am, where i was born, where i went to school, stuff like dat. i doubt dat most of my frens know much bout me... not their fault really, i mean, look at my profile, "Hometown : Ipoh, Smallville, Gotham City, Zion, Minas Tirith.". haha. jz my way of having fun. in case some ppl havent noticed wut so funny, i have to say, either you have never really read my profile, or you need to watch more movies.. or, actually understand what the movie is saying, instead of jz watching d moving pictures. haha. Ipoh is actually my hometown, im not bluffing here, born and raised here, Smallville on the other hand, is where the Man of Steel, Superman grew up, Zion, the underground city where the last remaining humans lived (The Matrix trilogy), Minas Tirith, erm, not sure how to describe this place, maybe you should just go watch the lord of the rings... so you see, theres a lot of crap in my page, so i wont go into detail (dont want to spoil it for those dat havent realised all this stuff.. haha.. i pity you..)



so, where to start. from the beginning i guess. i was born on 10th December 1988, or 1st Jamadilawal (cant remember the year in hijrah..). year of the dragon, according to the chinese calendar. the date doesnt really have much significance in history (other than my birthday, dat is. hehe). oh wait, it does. it is said that alfred bernard nobel, the inventor of dynamite and the founder of the nobel institution (the ppl dat gives out the nobel prize every year) died on this date, n they give out the nobel prize every year on this very date, if im not mistaken. boring stuff. moving on.



i was born in hospital besar ipoh (ipoh general hospital). i grew up in a few places, but all of them in ipoh. gunung rapat (or is it maju rapat? not sure.), kg temiang, n finally, puncak meru. i dont really know this, but its said that i first walked on my own in front of the ipoh train station, in the garden in front of it. my mother told me this, i was too young to remember it. i dont know when i first talked, and i cant really remember when i rode my first bicycle. forgetful boy, i am. haha. oh yeah, ppl say dat when i was born, i was very dark-skinned. mcm keling la, haha. mak lompor told me, and she did show me a picture of me at the time. d reason im saying dis is dat a lot of ppl r telling me dat im light-skinned, when i think im dark-skinned. ye lah, not exactly black, tapi kalo nk kata putih tu xleh la kan. plus, when i look at my photos, nmpk coklat je. haha. not putih. ntah ler, mata org, kta pn xleh nk ckp apa.



erm, when i was small, my mother works in kl, while my father works in ipoh ( if i got their story rite..). so i stayed in ipoh, and my mother would come back every week to see me. i cant remember all of this though. haha. im just telling you what ppl told me. oh yeah, when i was small, (not sure how this goes coz im still in d part where i cant remember), i was taken care by my opah (nenek), atok, and my aunt and uncle. so, till this day, i call dat uncle "abah" and the aunt "mak lompor". y mak lompor? hehe. coz after my mother got transferred to ipoh, their family moved to kuala lumpur, or in short, lompor. haha. she did ask me to jz call her mak, but then how would i differentiate her from my mother? haha. now i call them by different names, but still its difficult to determine which one is it when someone says "yasin, mak pggl". haha. i call my parents "mak" and "ayah", btw.



oh yeah, for those dat just now me by aymni or yasin, my full name is actually abdullah yasin bin mohd nasir. not mohd yasin or abdul yasin or just yasin, like some "frenz" once thought. n d yasin, only 1 's' ye. haha. xksh la. my father gave me this name. my brother's name, my mother gave it. initially, my father had planned to give my brother's name a name dat started with an "abdullah" as well, but apparently it was my mother's turn to give a name. haha. but thats another story. lets move on to the part where i can actually remember most of the stuff. as far as i can remember, i was already staying at the house in kampung temiang (funny name, i know, still, no other kampung like it.). before that i stayed at gunung / maju rapat, but i cant remember. i had my share of friends here, in kg temiang. but there are those ppl that arent exactly what one would call friends. there was one incident dat i remember to this day. i got hit on the head with a rock. haha. sounds funny. but its not. imagine a kid throwing the rock. imagine him being about 50 meters away. he cant really throw the rock to hit me directly, so imagine him throwing the rock as hard as he could into the air, and imagine the rock dropping from a very high altitude i should say, being propelled with the force of gravity, and landing, wouldnt you know it, on my innocent head. ouch. till this day, i have no idea why they (there were a couple of ppl doing the throwing, but that lucky bastard was the one that actually hit me) did that. i remembered crying. but i dont remember experiencing pain. weird huh? but i do remember vividly how ballistic my pak long was when he found out. for ur info, my paklong is about as tall as i am, and he's big. how big? his arm is probably as big as my hip. i remember him taking off my shirt to wipe the blood of my head. i remember the face of the guy that was trying to calm him down. and let me tell you, dat guy was scared. damn scared. uish, kalo pak long ak ngamuk, lari je la. jgn nk buat pe dah. haha. i remember dat we went to the kid's house. i remember dat he got one hell of a wacking in front of me from his father. its not a story dat i would tell my grandchildren, haha, assuming dat i will have some someday, but i will remember it till the day that i die... needless to say, i never again talked with dat guy, and his accomplice. but i was still close to their younger sisters. oh yeah, both were older than me, and both had sisters as old as i am. i am somewhat hoping to meet them, their sisters, i mean, coz wouldnt it be cool to actually meet ur childhood friend when ur all grown up? maybe we'll meet, maybe not. time will tell. apart from them, sometimes, i do accidentally bump into some of my friends when i was small, but either i cant remember them, or they cant remember me, or, after not meeting for so long, u tend not to care. there was that one time, a friend of mine is friends with my childhood friend. i tried to contact her, but unfortunately, lets just say that dat friend of mine is no longer a friend, so connection lost.



forgive me, for i cant remember when exactly that event occured. was it before i went to kindergarten, or after? cant remember. hehe. so moving on, tadika. hehe. tadika perpaduan kuala pari to be exact. hehe. this was fun. i remember being ketua kelas. hehe. i recall myself having many friends. though most of them are only blurrs in my head. i also remember dat it wasnt an all boys tadika, there were girls there as well, but i dont remember talking to them at all. haha. in fact, i cant really say there were girls at that tadika, coz i cant seem to remember even one face or even one name. but i do remember my teacher. she was very sweet. in fact, even when i was in standard one, she still greets me. teachers rarely do that. most of the time, students are supposed to be greeting the teacher, but this teacher greeted me. i can still remember the day dat dat teacher "krm slm" to me thru my fren. hehe. i wouldnt mind being able to meet her again today. aha. here's something interesting. i remember that in drawing class, the only thing i knew how to draw was a rainbow. haha. and it had all d colours dat i had. a colouring set usually has 12 colours, so usually my rainbow has 12 colours. haha. ak mmg xpndy lukis pn, smpy skg mcm tu. tu yg kalah win lose or draw tu. haha. but i remembered being at the top of my class, coz on graduation day, i was told to read a story book, in front of all the parents.... huwaa!! dasat la yasin. haha. but i guess i should have practiced reading the book, coz i got stuck with one word. haruan. as in the fish. i was pronouncing it as ha-ru-an instead of har-wan. haha. kelakar biler igt blk.... i wasnt the most well-behaved student then. hehe. and i still am not today. hua3. i remember getting into fights. i remember throwing rocks at the roof of someones house. hehe. nakal tul. in my younger self's defense, the house was very near the tadika, and there were rocks lying all over the place, the owner of the house is simply asking for it!! haha. at the off chance the owner of house is reading this blog, sori la makcik, sy bg pihak kkwn sy mntk maap. hehe. as for the fights, i remember punching this guy, and his tooth fell out! HELL YEAH MAN! YOU ROCK YASIN! Unfortunately, my mother didnt think so. huhu. to be honest, i didnt really think i was doing nething wrong. i get into fights wit my brother all d time at home, y is this ne different? (altho, i nvr punched my brother in the face, let alone punch out his tooth.) neways, my mother said, "abg jgn la gaduh....", and so i stopped fighting at the tadika. in fact, i nvr fought in primary school or secondary school (except for two occasions.. but we'll get to that in due time.). quarreling, of course, but nvr fought. hehe. i guess i do listen to what my mother says sometimes, even though its not dat obvious... hehe.





im having so much fun writing all this stuff. hehe. never thought it would be so much fun reminiscing. hehe. lets move on to my primary school years. when i was in standard one, i went to Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Methodist (ACS) Ipoh. i was in 1R. at the time, there were 5 standard one classes. 1S, 1R, 1K, 1M, 1I. the first day, my father waited for me, until recess, i think, then he went home. i guess my father knew that i would be ok without him. it is interesting to note dat some of the students parents would stay and watch their kid, even after the 1st week. you'd think the kid would be okay after the 1st week. probably the parents r more afraid than the kids. hehe. i rmmbr the first day, i had honey stars to eat for recess. hehe. and when it was time to go back, my mother fetched me. and i had some leftover honey stars, and i gave some to my new found friend, leong sumthin sumthin was his name, if im not mistaken. mak ak suh bagi sket. ak bagi je la. the good thing about acs, i later realised is that its truly a multiracial school. mixed. almost equal number of malays, chinese and indians. so, i had chinese friends, indian friends, and malay friends. we were very close, regardless of our race. but when i was in standard 3, i passed the pts test, the test dat allows u to jump from standard 3 to standard 5, skipping standard 4. so, i had to stick with a new group of friends. it was also around this time dat i realised that ppl tend to stick to their own race. not dat we werent friends or nething, its just dat b4 dis, i didnt know dat race was all dat important. huhu. part of growing up, i guess. oh yeah, in primary school, i did get into one fight, cant really remember y now. but i remember dat it was with a boy in my school van. yeah, van, not bus. i went to school in a van at dat time. van tok isa. or shud i say, van arwah tok isa. al fatihah kepada dia. dun want dis to be sad, so lets concentrate on d fight. neways, long story short, d boy was crying, but i was, as i recall, quite calm. hehe. i kid u not. ive had worse from my younger brother, fights like the one i jz had, xd hal lah. haha. this dude was crying, and i remember the guy that was comforting him saying to him, "dah ah tu wei, sbr2, dia dah nk nangis dh tu..". with the "dia" being me. haha. kelakar. coz i didnt even feel like crying. and the other guy was crying his heart out. haha. yasin2.. nsb baik la time tu ak xsejahat ak skg, kalo x, ak dh gelak2 dh. hahaha. yasin2...



overall, i wud hv to say dat i am a nice boy. hehe. bdk baik la. always did my homework. nvr skipped class. nvr got into fights.(except for remote cases. hehe). but i did have some naughty moments. hell, nobody's perfect rite? n im no exception. nope, definitely not. haha. i remember this one time, when i was in standard six. after the morning assembly (perhimpunan), usually, students would go back to their classes, but this time, a majority of the students had to stay back, and some would go back to their class. an interesting thing bout acs is that they arrange the classes according to standard. darjah 1 would be at ground floor, darjah 2 would be on the 1st floor and darjah 3, second floor. as for darjah 4, ground floor, but it would be in the morning time. darjah 1,2,3 ms tu time ptg. drjh 4,5,6 pagi. so, i was standard six, therefore, 2nd floor. while waiting for the extra assembly to end, me and a couple of friends decide to look down at the students at the assembly area, see wut they were up to. when the extra assembly ended, and ppl were lining up and making their way to their respective classes, one of my friends, im not even sure who it was, shouted, LUDAH!! haha. tanpa berfikir panjang, aku mencari mangsa, dan melepaskan bom... haha. SPLAT! my spit hit the head of one kid. hahahaha. it was bloody fun, maybe not for the kid that got hit, but we were kids at the time, you cant really blame us. my friends and i got a good laugh, but that was before some ppl got called to the principals office. oops. nvr thought of this. haha. bdk kecik agi ms tu, mn tau apa lagi. needless to say, some ppl got caned, and luck was on my side dat day, bcoz i didnt get caned. reflex action saved me, i guess, bcoz immediately after bombing dat poor kid's head, i ran back into class (and only then i laughed my head off.. hahaha), so nobody knew i was one of the "bombers"... yasin2. jahatnye. i was a kid then. but not nemore.. so i guess, i do owe d kid an apology. so, if by chance the kid dat i spit on is reading my blog, on behalf of my younger,smaller self, i truly am sorry. i now know how wrong it was to do that...



haha. how fun to reminisce on the good ol' days... i guess thats bout it for now. cant rite too long. (act, i can write on, but, u guys wud probably have trouble reading it...) oh yeah, i'd like to point out that acs is an all-boys school. i would never do that to a girl.. i maybe naughty, but im not evil... hehe. one thing i realised while writing this blog is why nowadays i dont have ne trouble talking to girls, when i logically should, considering i nvr had any social interactions with a girl from kindergarten to the end of my form 3... its a theory, at least. when i was a kid, meaning a little boy, i was friends with girls, as well as boys. i never differentiate my friends, for example in school, i didnt care if my friend was malay, chinese, or indian, and it was d same when i was a small boy, in the sense dat i didnt care if my friend was a boy or a girl, he/she is still my friend. :) i guess it stays the same until today (ur childhood shapes ur adulthood..), coz i dont really mind hanging out with guys or girls, they're just frens... not unlike some ppl dat i know, dat stutter when speaking to girls, or feel the need to look their very best when meeting girls... xcool la cmni beb. haha. chill la sket. haha. but dats a different story.. maybe i'll do a part 2 to this story. hehe. only time will tell.



till next time ppl, chow.


No comments: