Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pursuit of happiness.

I honestly had hoped to drown myself in work once I started this job.

And at first it seemed like I could. Work seemed endless.

Deadlines were getting closer with each passing second.

Time flew by like you're having fun, only you weren't.

You were working. Hectic.

I loved it.

Better tons of work rather than no work.

But deadlines have passed, reports issued, drawings submitted.

Now is the laid back period.

No longer do I stay at the office to leave at only 10 pm.

I leave on time now.

I probably won't be as busy as before until next month, when deadlines start rising from the dead.

Its funny.

I used to go back from work at 3 pm, and I didn't have time for anything.

Now I go back at 6 pm, and I have loads of time to do stuff.

I'm generally occupied on each weekend, always having stuff to do, people to meet.

If only I had time before.

I've actually found time to work out!

Yeah, I found that my shirts were way too big for me, so it made me look funny.

Since I can't exactly afford slim-fit shirts that fit my body precisely, I decided to make my body fit my clothes.

And suprisingly, its working.

I'm not sure if its me psycho-ing myself into believing I've gained weight (because I checked and I may have lost more weight), or my exercising is building up my upper body muscle or something, but my clothes really do look better on me nowadays.

It no longer looks like I bought a size too big, its got a nicer fit to it. So yeay.

Oh, it may also have something to do with me incorporating some walking in my daily routine.

I purposely park my car a bit far from the train station, so that I have to walk at least 40 minutes daily.

10 minutes from car to train station, 10 minutes from KLCC station to office. And backwards when going home.

And since they give free newspaper at the KLCC train station, I'm more up to date on current affairs now.

And I have just started bringing a book to work, so that while I'm on the train, I can read something, instead of listening to the same songs on my phone.

And oh, I actually take my breakfast now. Haha. Coz everyday I will walk past this kueh stall, and there would be this pretty girl selling the kueh. LoL.

At first I looked from afar, but one Friday I decided the next Monday I would start getting my breakfast from this stall.

The day I start buying kueh from this stall, is the day that girl disappears.

Talk about bad timing. rofl. Oh well, at least I eat better now. I take vitamins as well.

What else... Oh, I've put some money for some investment, so for this month, money's a bit short.

But my plan of financial independence by 40 has finally gotten on track.

Things are really taking off now. Except for that.

Oh well, in the pursuit of happiness, sadness is inevitable.

But learn from that sadness, and someday you'll turn those tears into tears of joy.

A nice song to listen to, nice video too.

3 comments:

Ayol said...

I'M SO JEALOUS haha

Echad said...

its good when you know what you want in your life... sadly, i'm still wondering what i want... hehu~~ just following the flow for the moment :)

Me said...

have faith. :)